If you apply to Bentley University, you will face stiff competition as the school’s acceptance rate is only 58%. Definitely don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application, as applying early can be to your advantage.
Bentley has an excellent student-to-faculty ratio of 11 to 1. This is far better than the national average of 15 to 1. This means that many classes are likely to be small and students will have ample opportunity to work closely with their teachers and classmates.
In addition to student-to-faculty ratios, some people look to the percentage of full-time faculty as an indication of how much time professors will be able to spend with their students. This is because part-time faculty may be on campus less than their full-time counterparts.
Why Choose Bentley University?
At Bentley, experiential education programs give you unparalleled opportunities to gain real-world experience, learn new skills for living and working in a global community, and gain new knowledge about working with diverse people.
Bentley students have access to hundreds of service-learning projects, including opportunities built into the course curriculum. Students become involved in the larger community around them. Each year, hundreds of Bentley students study abroad in one of the university’s more than 80 programs available.
Students can also take advantage of corporate partnerships where they will work with executives on real-world problems in the classroom. Over 94% of Bentley students complete at least one internship, and over 74% of students complete more than one.
Bentley University offers several majors to undergraduate students. These include the Honors Program, which offers high-achieving students the opportunity to attend specialized classes each semester in an intimate seminar format designed specifically for the Honors Program.
In addition, students in the program have dedicated faculty advisors and access to research fellowships.
Is It Hard To Get Into Bentley University?
This school is moderately selective, high academic performance almost guarantees you admission. A score of 1410 SAT or 32 ACT or higher almost guarantees you admission. Since the school accepts 43.2% of all applicants, if you are significantly above average, your acceptance rate increases to almost 100%.
If you can get a high SAT/ACT score, the rest of your application doesn’t matter. You must still meet the rest of the application requirements, and your GPA must not be too far from a high school GPA of 3.79.
But you don’t need great extracurriculars and awesome letters of recommendation to get in. You can get in based on results alone. But if you have a 1240 SAT or 28 ACT score and below, you have a good chance of being one of the unlucky few to be denied.
What Is Bentley University Acceptance Rate 2023?
Bentley University acceptance rate is 52.2%. For every 100 applicants, 43 are accepted. This means that the school is moderately selective. The school expects you to meet its GPA and SAT/ACT requirements, but they are more flexible than other schools.
If you exceed their requirements, you have an excellent chance of getting in. But if you don’t, you could be one of the unlucky few to receive a rejection letter.
What Is Bentley University Transfer Acceptance Rate 2023?
In 2019, Bentley accepted 479 transfer applications. The school accepted 251 students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate for Bentley is 52.4%.
To be in with a chance of going to Bentley, your current GPA must be at least 3.79 – ideally around 3.94. In addition, you will be required to provide standardized test results.
Students wishing to return to Bentley to pursue a degree after a five-year absence must apply to transfer and complete the application requirements by the appropriate deadlines.
Due to the change in degree requirements, the undergraduate admissions team will determine which courses taken at Bentley (and elsewhere) will count toward the current degree requirements for the semester for which the student is applying.
Credit evaluation using established credit transfer policies will be completed once the student is potentially re-enrolled at Bentley, and a maximum of 60 credits from all sources combined may be awarded.
Bentley University Transfer Acceptance Rate by Major
Enrollment in the Bentley major is selective with an acceptance rate of 58%. Students admitted to Bentley have an average SAT score between 1180-1360 or an average ACT score of 26-31.
- Marketing/marketing management12.2%
- Business administration and management12.1%
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies10.5%
- Business, management, marketing, and related support services9.6%
- Accounting and finance8.4%
- Business/managerial economics3.3%
- Business/corporate communications3.3%
- Computer and information sciences3.3%
Bentley University Admission Requirements
To apply to Bentley University, students must submit the following documentation:
- Official transcripts from each school/college/university attended.
- Standardized test scores.
- English proficiency test results (for non-native speakers).
- College Essay (UG).
- Research (PhD.)
- Statement of purpose (PhD.)
- Resume (PhD.)
- Recommendation letter.
- Visa Information and Confirmation of Financial Resources Form (VICFR) for International Students.
Bentley University Transfer Requirements
- Official transcripts: Please have all universities/colleges attended provide an official transcript directly to Bentley University. In addition, we also require a final official high school transcript, GED or HiSET results.
- SAT Scores: At the moment, the test is optional. If you choose to submit standardized test results, please note that we will superimpose the results and use them only for your benefit.
- Letters of recommendation: An academic letter of recommendation must be sent directly from a college/university professor or instructor to Bentley.
- Application fee: 75 USD
- Other requirements: The midterm report should be submitted after you have taken the midterm exams or completed the midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. The college transfer report should be sent directly to our office via email or US mail.
What GPA do I need to get Into Bentley University?
The average GPA at Bentley University is 3.79. With a GPA of 3.79, Bentley University requires you to be above average in your high school class. You will need at least a combination of A and B, with more A than B.
You can compensate for a lower GPA by taking more challenging classes, such as AP or IB classes. This will show that you are capable of handling more complex teachings than the average high school student.
If you’re a current junior or senior, it’s difficult to change your GPA in time for college. If your GPA is at or below the high school GPA of 3.79, you will need a higher SAT or ACT score to make up for it. This will help you compete effectively with other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
What Is Bentley University SAT Requirement?
Bentley University’s average SAT composite score is 1331 on an SAT scale of 1600. This score makes Bentley University moderately competitive for SAT scores.
The 25th percentile on the New SAT is 1240, and the 75th percentile on the New SAT is 1410. In other words, a 1240 on the New SAT means you’re below average, while a 1410 puts you above average.
What Is Bentley University ACT Requirement?
The average ACT score at Bentley University is 30. This score makes Bentley University very competitive on the ACT score.
Even though Bentley University most likely says they don’t have a minimum ACT requirement, if you apply with a 28 or below, it will be very difficult for you to get in unless you have something else very impressive on your application.
There are so many applicants who scored 30 and above that 28 will look academically weak. If you take the ACT instead of the SAT, you have a huge advantage in how you submit your scores, and it dramatically affects your test-taking strategy.
What Are Bentley University Deadlines?
|Fall 2023 Early Decision I||November 15|
|Fall 2023 Early Decision II||January 15|
|Fall 2023 Regular Decision||January 15|
|Spring 2023||November 1|
What Are The Decision Dates?
Bentley University offers early decision, but not early action. Early Decision is mandatory, meaning you must attend if you are admitted, while Early Action allows you to apply early without committing. Early Decision 2 applications are due by 1/7.
Bentley University’s early decision acceptance rate is 100%, compared to an overall acceptance rate of 58%. Last year, Bentley University accepted 324 of the 324 students who applied for early decision.
Some students apply to college early because they believe it will improve their chances. Early deadlines can increase your chances of being accepted because applying early shows that you are very interested in the school and your application is considered before all standard decision applicants apply.
How To Apply To Bentley University
Bentley University’s undergraduate program is considered one of the best in the country, where mentors work to understand students’ true callings. On average, students who complete this program with satisfactory results earn a six-figure salary. To apply for freshman admission, you need to do the following:
- Apply through the online application portal.
- Submit standardized mark sheets, college essay, and letter of recommendation for further review.
- After completing these processes, candidates have to wait until they get their Applicant ID for BentleyConnect where they can view their profile status and even opt for counselling.
- Several flexible options are available in the application section.
Graduate Admission Process
Bentley University’s graduate school is called the McCallum Graduate School of Business. The Master’s program is known for its excellent placement results. All major tycoons and famous industrialists prefer Bentley University for their excellent academic programs. If someone is applying for graduate school, they should consider the following points:
- An online application for admission must be filled, where all the necessary details of the candidate must be provided.
Once this is done, the candidate must submit the required SAT/ACT, high school transcript, and undergraduate program academic record.
Transfer Admission Process
You can apply for a transfer through the CommonApplication by July 25 or through the Bentley Transfer Application by August 1.
When considering taking part in the Bentley Transfer Process, you need to keep in mind the high competition, as well as the following:
- Official high school diploma or GED certificate with a good GPA and a code of conduct.
- An interim report from the respective professors on the tasks performed by the candidate during his tenure.
- College Transfer Report to be sent directly to the Registrar’s Office by the current college or preschool.
- Last but not least, a satisfactory response and record of all admission criteria must be completed.
The acceptance rate at Bentley is 58%. It has the 25th lowest acceptance rate in Massachusetts. Bentley is a more competitive admissions school with a good chance of acceptance for qualified applicants. Last year, 4,798 out of 8,298 applicants were accepted.
The school has very high admission requirements for SAT and ACT scores, usually accepting students in the top 22% (SAT 1180/1360 ACT 26/31). Bentley University typically admits and attracts high school seniors with an average GPA of around 3.75. Most incoming freshmen graduate in the top quarter of their class. 20% of those admitted decided to enter the school.
Bentley University generally prefers applicants to be in the top 27 percent of SAT test takers. The school consistently lowers the SAT composite score to 1180 on a scale of 1600, below which admission is considered accomplished.
We estimate that some students may be accepted with only a 1090 SAT. The estimated average SAT composite score for entering freshmen is 1270 out of 1600. Bentley is ranked 16th in Massachusetts and 141st in the nation for the highest average SAT score. A competitive SAT score is critical, as 83 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to schools.
Bentley University Acceptance Rate 2023 FAQs
What Is Bentley University Graduation Rate?
The on-time graduation rate for those pursuing a bachelor’s degree is typically four years. Bentley’s rate for first-time full-time students is 82%, which is better than the national average of 33.3%.
What Is Bentley University Freshmen Retention Rate?
A freshman retention rate of 92% indicates that most first-year full-time students like Bentley University enough to return for another year. This is slightly higher than the national average (68%). This, of course, is something worth noting in a good column about the school.
Does Bentley University Provide Student Loan?
Nearly 66% of college students who graduated in the Class of 2018 took out student loans, but that percentage varies from school to school. At Bentley, approximately 52% of students took out student loans averaging $10,390 per year. That’s $41,560 over four years for those students.
What Is The Average Cost Of An Undergraduate Degree At Bentley University?
The average cost of an undergraduate degree at Bentley University is $53,790, which is $31,260 more than the national average for master’s colleges and universities ($22,531).
- prepscholar.com – Bentley University Requirements for Admission
- thecollegemonk.com – Bentley University Admission Requirements 2022
- CalArts Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Oberlin College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Harvey Mudd College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply