As a freshman, transfer, or international student, if you are looking for a college or university that has a very high acceptance rate, then Dixie State University is the best choice for you!
Dixie State University has an acceptance rate of 100% which is exceedingly higher than the national average for colleges which is around 56.7%. This implies that for every 1000 applications submitted, 1000 applicants are selected for admission.
Also, the University’s tuition fee is around $5,662 which is on the plus side, is below the average tuition cost in the United States. In addition, the University offers scholarships and other financial aid.
With a high acceptance rate, affordable tuition fee, vibrant student life, and availability of financial aid, prospective candidates are bound to have an awesome college experience.
Why Choose Dixie State University?
Dixie State University, also known as Utah Tech University is a public institution located in St George, Utah, United States. The University offers a variety of courses that students can choose from.
It has 31 bachelor’s degrees, 17 associate’s degrees, 27 minors, and 14 certificates, which cuts across the Colleges of Business and Communication, Education, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science and Technology, and Arts.
Art clubs, academic clubs, student organizations, unconventional clubs, multicultural and diversity clubs, health science clubs, and athletic and recreation clubs are all part of student life at the university.
For instance, the Raging Red Show Choir presents hip-hop, spiritual, and Broadway music throughout Utah and occasionally even internationally, as it did in China for the 2010 World’s Fair.
The Southern Utah International Documentary Film Festival, or DOCUTAH, is held in Dixie in September. The university is also known for being one of the most affordable schools in the state which also offers financial aid to its students.
Some of Dixie’s most notable graduates include the CEO and founder of SkyWest Inc. Jerry Akin, Gregory Prince, Jerry Atkin, and pathology researcher and Mormon historian and film writer, director, and producer P. Alberto Sanchez.
You Should Also Read: SUNY Cortland Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
Is Dixie State University hard to get into?
Determining whether an institution is hard or easy to get into is firstly dependent on its acceptance rate. The acceptance shows how competitive the school’s admittance process is.
Dixie State University is one of the few institutions that have a very high acceptance rate of 100%. The impressive acceptance rate shows that the admission process into the school is not competitive and it is easy to get into the university.
However, aside from the acceptance rate, the university requires students to have a minimum GPA of 3.26. Applicants who possess the admission prerequisites for Dixie State University stand a chance of being admitted.
SEE ALSO: MassArt Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What is Dixie State University Acceptance Rate?
One major criterion to consider when searching for a college or university is its acceptance rate. Acceptance is pivotal, as it tells you whether or not the admission process is selective.
With an impressive acceptance rate of 100%, getting into Dixie State University is very easy. All the prospective student needs to do is just apply!
Dixie State University’s acceptance rate is above the national average acceptance rate for colleges which is around 57%. This implies that for every 100 application forms received, 100 applicants are chosen.
What is Dixie State University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
If you are considering transferring to Dixie State University, applicants need to get familiar with its acceptance rate. Dixie State University accepts 62.75% of transfer applicants, which is slightly competitive.
To stand a chance of transferring successfully into Dixie State University, applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.26. Also, having the necessary admission requirements places you in admission consideration.
Dixie State University Acceptance Rate by Major
Dixie State offers about 47 majors which cut across the Colleges of Business and Communication, Education, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science and Technology, and Arts.
Students seeking admission to University are sure to find a variety of programs to select from. Also, most majors have online and on-campus options for students’ convenience.
The most popular majors and their acceptance rates at Dixie State University are as follows:
- Accounting – 1.7%
- Biology/Biological Sciences – 2.5%
- Business Management – 2.9%
- Computer and Information Science – 1.5%
- Criminal Justice/Safety Studies – 1.9%
- Liberal Arts and Humanities –12%
- Nursing – 8.1%
- Psychology – 1.8%
- Speech Management and Rhetoric – 3.7%
What are the Admission Requirements for Dixie State University?
Every institution has its admission requirement, which all applicants must have before being considered for admission.
Dixie State University offers an open admission policy and accepts all or most applicants who have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) test.
- Application through Dixie State University Online Application Portal
- Application fees: $35
- Students must be 18 years and above
- Minimum GPA of 3.26
- High School Transcripts
- ACT/SAT or Accuplacer score
- Letters of Recommendation
- New freshmen students must also:
- Complete Trailblazer Prep and
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Apply through Dixie State University Online Application Portal or via Mail
- Application fees for International Applicants: $75
- Official transcripts, translated if not in English
- Letter of Recommendation
- Health Insurance
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Duly filled application form
Transfer Requirements for Dixie State University?
Dixie State University is a transfer-friendly university with an acceptance rate of 63%. The University has an array of programs made available to transferring students that have the required credits and documents needed for the admission process.
To be eligible for admissions, transfer students must have the following
- Submit your Admission application online.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $35
- Submit an official transcript from each college or university previously attended
- ACT/ SAT scores/Placement scores
- Transfer students with less than 24 college-level credits must also submit high school transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
What GPA do I need to get into Dixie State University?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but in reality, this is frequently the bare minimum that is needed to apply without it being rejected right away.
The GPA criterion that counts is the GPA you need to have a legitimate possibility of being admitted. We are going to consider Dixie State University’s current students’ average GPA for this.
Dixie State University welcomes students with GPAs as low as 3.26. It’s acceptable to have a B average with some A’s thrown in. Avoid C’s and D’s at all costs because they may make readers of your application wonder if you can take the pressure of college coursework.
What are Dixie State University’s Deadlines?
Candidates seeking admission into Dixie State University are expected to follow up on the application deadline to avoid sending late entries.
International students are advised to send in their applications early before the slated deadlines to allow them process their visas on time.
The deadline for Dixie State University is as follows
Summer – April 1
Fall – July 15
Spring – November 1
What are Dixie State University’s Decision Dates?
Applicants are usually anxious to know the decision dates as this would enable them to anticipate whether they will be accepted or not.
Decision dates for schools usually take between 4-6weeks after the application form has been submitted and confirmed.
The admission decision dates at Dixie State University are January 15 and April 1.
How to Apply to Dixie State University
When applying for admission to Dixie State University in the United States, applicants should prepare all required documents. These documents include letters of recommendation, SAT/ACT scores, and academic transcripts among others.
This process will guide you through your online application as an undergraduate student
- Apply through Dixie State University Online Application Portal. Applicants must create a login name and password to start the application process.
Your login name will be needed to access your application in the future. Please write it down and store it in a safe place.
You must also have a valid email address to complete the application. All official communications will be sent to that email address until your School email address is created.
- Pay the nonrefundable application fee of $35 for domestic students and $75 for international students
- Please pay attention to your time. After twenty (20) minutes of inactivity, your application session will expire. If that happens, do not submit another application.
- Submit all necessary documents:
Review your document checklist on your application status. Next, submit academic transcripts and supplementary requirements stated in your confirmation mail.
- Be certain that you will be able to complete your application in one sitting. The application will close once you click the submit button and you will not be able to return to the application.
Do not click “submit” until you are not absolutely convinced that all changes or corrections have been entered. If you realize that you have forgotten or omitted information, please do not enter a second application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Dixie State University offer online programs?
Yes. Dixie State University offers about 5 online programs.
Does Dixie State University have fraternities and Sororities?
There are no fraternities or sororities at Dixie State University, so it might be a good choice if you’re not interested in Greek life.
Does Dixie State University require an essay?
Dixie State University hasn’t reported their stance on SAT Essay/ACT Writing, but most likely they consider it to be optional. Thus you don’t need to worry about Writing for this university.
Do I have to submit test scores to Dixie State University?
Dixie State University is not test-optional. Applicants must submit test scores as part of the application.
Dixie State University is one of the few schools that meets the ideal standard for students. The University has a very impressive admission rate of 100% which is very rare and it also has a retention rate of 53% which means students are satisfied with the education standard of the university and chose to stay.
More so, Dixie State University meets 25% of the demonstrated financial need for undergraduates. The average financial aid package for a full-time, first-year student is around $1,812 a year.
- collegeconfidential.com– Dixie State University
- catalog.dixie.edu – Utah Tech University 2022 – 2023
- prepscholar.com – Dixie State College Requirements for Admission
- collegedunia.com – Dixie State University Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
- timeshighereducation.com– Dixie State University
- collegesimply.com – DSC Admission Requirements
- Mississippi State Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Boston Conservatory Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Mount Holyoke Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Geneseo Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply