Marist College Acceptance Rate: Application to Marist College will require you to have a standard GPA, SAT and have the required tuition requirement for transfer or college application.
One of the best rated schools in New York is Marist College.
Being consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review, U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance as well as other colleges it’s not out of place to consider Marist as a great College.
Besides that Marist college has a good academic curriculum that is recognised globally.
However, it’s a little bit difficult to get into Marist college.
This is so because of the fluctuating acceptance rate which at the moment of writing this article is at a favorable position.
However, the Marist College acceptance rate has varying requirements based on what you’re applying for.
For instance, the Marist early decision acceptance rate and that doe transfer application is not the same as the general acceptance rate.
And some courses offered at Marist have its own peculiar acceptance rate.
So, here in this guide, you will find not just what the current acceptance rate is at Marist college but also detailed information about the college.
Also, we have ensured to specify the GPA requirement, SAT requirement and the tuition cost at Marist College.
We have also answered a few questions that will help you decide if going to college is a good choice.
Welcome Aboard Scholar!!!
A Bit About Marist College
- Founded: 1905
- Formerly Known As Marist Normal Training School (1929–1946) and Marian College (1946–1960)
- School Type: Private liberal arts college
- Academic staff: 232 full-time and 348.
- Student Population: 6,657 (Undergraduates 5,037 and Postgraduates 958)
- Location: Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Marist College is one of New York’s best comprehensive private liberal arts colleges.
The College: Marist is a Catholic Religious Institute owned by the Marist Brothers.
It was established to help prepare brothers as educators for vocations and become professionals.
Although that still holds true today, Marist College is now an independent institution no longer owned by the Marist Brothers but is now governed by a board of trustees.
In 1929, the Marist college expanded its courses by offering more degrees in the arts and sciences.
Still following its goal, Marist College is still committed to assisting students to develop their intellect, character, and the necessary skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the 21st-century global community.
This singular reason makes Marist college a good place for education.
So, starting your education journey at Marist College is an excellent choice and a journey in the right direction.
Marist is full of enriching academic, cultural, and high-impact global experiences that will fashion you in an outstanding way when it comes to education.
What Does It Look Like Studying In Marist College?
As we have pointed out earlier, Marist is one of New York’s best colleges.
Marist has a plethora of opportunities that will improve the academic experience and help students grow academically and otherwise.
Also at Marist students can leverage hands-on learning experience.
Beyond the academics and classroom activities, there are loads of clubs and organizations for students.
These clubs and organizations provide an avenue for students to network, make friends and build meaningful connections even with the staff and faculty in both formal and informal settings.
Some of the clubs we can recommend for you at Marist College include;
- The Circle
- Math Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- Marist Band
- Marist Singers
- Red Fox Films
- Writing Club
- Business Club
- Volunteer Club
- Athlete’s Club
- Photography Club
- Arts & Culture Club
- Computer Society
- Marist Fashion Inc.
- Marist Game Society
- Criminal Justice Society
- Performance and Media Club
- American Chemical Society
- Communication Arts Society
- Marist College Club of Theatre Arts (MCCTA)
- Marist College Television (MCTV)
- WMAR – Student-Run Radio Station
- Student Government.
Marist College offers fulfilling excellence in education at an affordable price.
Hence why it’s the ‘Best College’ in the nation.
All through your academic year, the college grooms you for a rewarding career.
What Academic Programs Are Offered In Marist College?
Marist has a long list of academic programs and degrees offered across its departments.
On a general note, Marist college offers 47 Bachelor’s programs, 11 Master’s programs, 1 Doctoral program, and 2 Certificate programs.
Each of the programs at Marist College has its own acceptance rate.
These programs at Marist college are offered in Marist’s different Centers of Excellence which include:
Center for Civic Engagement and Leadership
- Marist Poll
- Marist Mindset List
- Center for Social Media
- Marist/IBM Joint Study
- IDCP: Data Center Education
- Hudson River Valley Institute
- Center for Sports Communication
- Raymond A. Rich Institute for Leadership Development.
Marist College Rankings 2022
Rankings are one way to know the standard and quality of education offered by a school.
Marist College is one of New York’s best schools and it ranks high in various University rankings.
Here are some ranking positions of Marist College according to U.S News and Report;
- #2 in Most Innovative Schools
- #7 Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #10 in Regional Universities (North Category)
- #31 in Best Value Schools
- #159 in Top Performers on Social Mobility.
- Business Programs
- Computer Science
Judging from the position of Marist College ranking, we see that Marist College is a good school to apply to.
However, the acceptance rate is a major factor in determining whether or not you get into Marist college or not.
How Much Does The Tuition Cost To Study At Marist College?
For a college in the USA, Marist college tuition is fairly affordable.
The estimated cost of attendance is fair for the average international student.
However, if you have financial constraints, you may want to leverage the Work Study Programs in the USA or finance your education through Scholarships or grants.
Just so you keep abreast of the financial implications of studying at Marist college, here is the estimated tuition cost of attendance for 2022:
Marist College Tuition for A Full Year
- Tuition: $44,800
- Room: $10,250
- Board: No meal plan charge.
- Total: $55,050
The Marist College Tuition for A Semester
- Tuition: $22,400
- Room: $5,125
- Board: No meal plan charge.
- Total: $27,525
Marist College Tuition for A Freshman
- Activity Fee (per semester): $400
- Health Insurance (per semester): $400
- 3/4 Lunch Meal Plan (per semester): $375
- Full Lunch Meal Plan (per semester): $500
- Lab Fee (FYS – Freshman; Fall Only): $200
- Orientation Fee (one-time entry fee – transfer): $200
- Orientation Fee (one-time entry fee – freshman): $500
- Total Costs: $58,350 (Freshman-accepting the optional full lunch plan)
- $53,800 (Transfer-accepting the optional full lunch plan)
- $53,100 (Freshman- NOT taking the full lunch plan)
- $52,800 (Transfer – NOT taking the full lunch plan)
The Marist College Estimated Out of Pocket Expenses (per semester)
- Meals (self-prepared): $2,400.00
- Misc. (laundry, mail, etc.): $500.00
- Course Supplies (books, materials, etc.): $800.00
- Transportation (plane travel, buses, taxis, etc.): $1,700.00
- Documents (passport, visa, Permit to Stay card, etc.): $300.00
- Total: $5,700.00/semester
Keep in mind that this fee is an estimation of the tuition and other expenses you will incur as a student if you get past the Marist College acceptance rate.
But how much you get to spend depends on your habits and lifestyle.
Also, FFE programs attract extra fees.
How Do I Apply To Marist College?
Applying to Marist College will require you to have the required GPA and SAT requirements.
And if you’re a transfer student you need to have all the basic requirements that will aid you to pass the transfer application acceptance rate.
To apply to Marist College, here’s how to go about it;
- Apply via “Marist online application” or “Marist print application” or via the Common Application.
- If you want to apply to Marist with the print application, use the Counselor Recommendation and Transcript Request Form.
- Ensure you apply early. Marist early decision acceptance rate applies to those who apply early.
NOTE: Declaration of Early Decision is solely for those applying Early Decision.
What Requirements Do I Need To Apply To Marist College?
Here are the requirements Marist College requires when you’re applying to the college;
- Your secondary school transcript(s).
- Marist College has a GPA requirement of 88-93 or 3.1 – 3.7. What this means is that you should be among the flying color students in your class.
- Must possess leadership attributes and must have carried out high school tasks.
- Course requirements include:
- 3 years of Math
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Science.
- 2 years of a foreign language.
- 3 years of History/Social Studies.
- You are to submit a letter of recommendation from a counselor or teacher. Although this is optional.
- Also, submit a personal essay that says a lot about you
- Lastly, the Marist transfer or normal application requires a non-refundable application fee of $50.
What Are The Admission Requirements For International Students At Marist College?
The application requirements for international students at Marist college are a little different when compared to domestic students’ requirements.
For the international student, you need to;
- Pay for the non-refundable application of $24.
- Submit a minimum academic overall CGPA requirement of 60% or GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 7/10 or first division graduation at Marist College
- Submit scans of mark sheets, consolidated mark sheets, and provisional certificates. A GradCAS is better if available.
- Proof of English proficiency in either TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo test scores. This applies to applicants who did not earn a Bachelor’s degree in the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom or if their native language is not English.
What Next After Applying To Marist College As An International Student?
If you make it past the Marist college acceptance rate, the school has started for you.
Here is what to do after you have gained admission into Marist College;
- Provide financial documents for an I-20 to be issued.
- Ask each person listed in your bank account or loan documents to sign a copy of the Declaration of Financial Form/Affidavit of Support.
- Submit a letter signed by a bank manager stating that a minimum amount of money is accessible in your account. See how much is required at marist.edu/admission/intl/apply-student-visa.
Once you have accomplished these you’re good to go!!!
What Is the Marist College SAT Requirement?
When it comes to the SAT and ACT requirement, Marist College keeps them optional.
You have the option of whether to submit your SAT/ACT test scores or not.
You can submit self-reported ACT and SAT test scores directly from the testing agency after your enrollment.
There are two ways you can self-report your ACT and SAT scores:
- By sending your scores in the testing section of the Common Application.
- Or you can send a pdf of the unofficial score report to [email protected].
Marist College SAT Requirement will jeopardize your chances at admission if after you have enrolled in the College, they find out that there are discrepancies between official and self-reported scores.
However, keep in mind that if you’re applying for Marist College HEOP programs, you are required to submit your SAT or ACT results.
If you desire to submit your test scores for admission consideration, your SAT score should be between 1200 and 1340.
And the ACT score should be between 24 and 30.
What Is The GRE Requirement To Apply To Marist College?
Marist College does not require GRE to give you admission.
But you’re to take the GRE test because some U. S. Consulate agents prefer to see the GRE scores.
What Is GPA Requirement To Apply To Marist College?
The GPA requirement to apply to Marist college to get past the acceptance rate is 60% or a GPA of 3.1. – 3.7/4.0 or 8/10 or first division graduation.
That means, your grades should be all B’s or a mix of A’s and B’s.
What Is The English Language Requirement To Apply To Marist College?
If your CGPA is 68% or higher, your English requirements can be superimposed if you present any of the following scores:
- PTE 50
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL 70
- Duolingo 95
If your CGPA is lower than 68%, you are required to have the following higher English proficiency scores.
- PTE 58
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 79
- Duolingo 105
You can scan your scores to Marist.
But keep in mind that the official scores for TOEFL, PTE or Duolingo are required for an I-20.
To report your official scores here is the TOEFL report code- RA2400 and the PTE report code- 2400.
What is the Acceptance Rate at Marist College?
Before enrolling in Marist College, it’s ideal that you know what the acceptance rate is.
In Fall 2020 Marist College got over 11,300 applications from both in-state and out-of-state students.
From the previous years, the overall acceptance rate trend for Marist College has been getting much higher in the past few years.
Here is what the Marist acceptance rate is like over the years;
- 2016-2017: 41.0%
- 2017-2018: 42.6%
- 2018-2019: 46.2%
- 2019-2020: 49.2%
- 2020-2021: 55.0%
As of 2022, the acceptance rate at Marist College is 55%.
This means that for every 100 applicants, 55 are admitted.
In 2022, Marist College accepted 55% of all applicants, around 6,449 of the 11,715 students who applied.
Out of those that are admitted, only 24% attended the school.
Therefore, it’s not out of place to say Marist college is moderately selective.
However, from the estimated projections, we see that the Marist College Acceptance Rate is expected to reduce to 42.8% in 2023.
To get past the acceptance rate requirement, Marist college expects you to meet its GPA and SAT or ACT requirements.
Also, Marist is more flexible than other schools.
If you exceed their requirements, you have an excellent chance of getting admission.
But if you don’t you will get a rejection letter to try again.
What is the Marist College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
The Marist College transfer acceptance rate is 70.31%.
What this means is that Marist College accepts a lot of transfer students.
Although competitive, students transferring into Marist College must have a current GPA of at least 3.3 – 3.43.
Also, you will need to submit standardized test scores.
By fulfilling the requirements, chances are that you can surpass the Marist College Transfer Acceptance Rate.
What Is The Marist Early Decision Acceptance Rate?
The early decision acceptance rate at Marist College is 56.1%, compared to an overall acceptance rate of 55.0%.
Marist College accepts about 56.1% of early action applicants and 55% of all applicants for all deadlines.
In 2021, Marist College admitted 239 of the 283 students who applied for early decision.
Frequently Asked Questions About Marist College Transfer Acceptance Rate
Is Marist College Prestigious?
Marist college is recognized as a Top 10 Regional University and Most Innovative School in 2022 according to the U.S. News Rankings.
Besides that Marist college has a good academic curriculum that is recognised globally.
Is Marist College Hard To Get Into?
Marist College is a very difficult school to get into.
The school evaluates applicants based on a variety of criteria to make a decision on who to admit, who to deny, or those to keep on a waitlist.
Can I Get Into Marist With a 3.0 GPA?
The average GPA requirement to get into Marist is 3.3.
With a GPA of 3.3, Marist College accepts below-average students.
It’s OK to be a B-average student, with some A’s mixed in.
Anything below that will not get you into Marist.
Is Marist a Party School?
Marist has a reputation for being a jolly school.
There are tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.
So, yes, Marist can be said to be a party school.
What is Marist College Known For?
Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (8th Best Regional University/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others.
How Selective Is Marist College?
Marist College admissions are more selective with an acceptance rate of 55% and an early acceptance rate of 56.1%.
Half the applicants admitted to Marist College have an SAT score between 1130 and 1300 or an ACT score of 24 and 30
At this point, you should know if Marist college is the school for you.
With the GPA requirement, SAT requirement, and the Marist College Tuition you can apply for admission into Marist.
Also, the Marist College Acceptance Rate for early decision and transfer applications differs
But you have a high chance of getting admission into Marist.
We hope you’re able to make a decision with this piece of information.
Follow us on our Facebook page and YouTube Channel for more information about academic-related content that will help you make an informed decision on your academic journey.
Good luck Scholar!!!!
- Marist College
- Marist College Acceptance Rate and Admission Requirements
- The Marist College
- Marist College
Embry Riddle Acceptance Rate: Almost all students who want to enroll in Embry Riddle have been made to…
Marist College Acceptance Rate: Application to Marist College will require you to have a standard GPA, SAT and…
Top medical schools in Alberta Canada: For every student looking to venture into med school there are questions…
Williams College Acceptance Rate: When it comes to building a better future the school you study in, plays…
Carnegie Mellon University Acceptance Rate: Are you considering applying to Carnegie Mellon University? You need to consider what…
Top Esthetician Schools In Florida: How much it will cost you to attend an esthetician school and get…