If you are looking for the best massage school to get a great massage, then look no further, because, in this article, we’ll be taking a look at the top 21 massage schools that offer excellent massages.
From traditional massage techniques to cutting-edge spa treatments, these massage schools have a lot to offer.
We’ll cover the school’s location, massage types, and tuition fees so that you can find the one that best suits your needs. You can continue to read on to learn more about the top 21 massage schools that offer great massages.
How to find a good massage school
Finding a good massage school can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. There are many great massage schools out there, but it is important to find one that will provide you with the best education and experience.
You can read also 21+ Top Esthetician Schools In Florida To Get Into 2022
To help you choose the right school for your needs, here are some tips to consider when looking for a good massage school:
1. Research: Before choosing a massage school, do some research on the different schools available in your area.
Ask family and friends for recommendations and look up reviews of each school online. Look at each school’s curriculum to determine which one provides the best education.
2. Location: Consider the location of the school you are considering.
3. Experience: Make sure the school you choose has experienced instructors who can provide quality instruction you would want to make sure the instructors are well-trained and knowledgeable about massage techniques.
4. Reputation: Check the reputation of the school you are considering.
5. Cost: Consider the cost of tuition and fees before enrolling in a massage school.
By taking the time to consider these tips, you will be able to find the best massage school for your needs. After that, make sure to do your research and compare different schools to find the best option for you.
What to look for in a good massage school
When choosing a massage school, it’s important to know what to look for in order to get the best massage education possible.
Here are a few key factors to consider when selecting a massage school:
1. Accreditation: Make sure the massage school you choose is accredited by a reputable organization such as the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA).
An accredited massage school has met certain standards of excellence and is the best option for ensuring quality instruction.
2. Reputation: Do some research on the massage school you’re considering and see what other people have to say about it. Read reviews from former students and find out what their experiences were like with the school and its instructors.
3. Curriculum: Look into the curriculum that the massage school offers to make sure it meets your needs.
4. Cost: Compare the costs of different massage schools to see which one fits within your budget. Also, keep in mind any additional fees such as textbooks or supplies that may be required.
5. Location: If you plan to attend a local massage school, make sure it’s conveniently located and easy to get to. Consider how long it will take you to travel to and from classes each day.
By taking these factors into consideration, you can ensure that you find the best massage school for your needs and budget, with the right school, you can gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful massage therapist.
The top 21 massage schools that offer great massages
Below are the top 21 massage schools that offer great massages, ranked in order of our team’s highest ratings.
1. The National Institute of Massage Therapy
They are located in San Diego, California, and offer a variety of classes and workshops in many aspects of massage therapy. From Swedish to deep tissue, the school teaches all types of massage techniques and modalities.
2. The Lauterstein-Conway School of Massage
They are located in Austin, Texas, and is one of the most renowned massage schools in the country.
Their curriculum focuses on providing students with a comprehensive education in the fundamentals of massage therapy as well as teaching them various specialized techniques to use with their clients.
3. The American Institute of Massage Therapy
They are located in Los Angeles, California, and have been training students for over 30 years. The school provides extensive courses for aspiring massage therapists, including topics such as reflexology, sports massage, and Thai massage.
4. The International Academy of Massage & Bodywork
This institution is based in Maryland and offers an array of classes and programs ranging from basic massage training to advanced bodywork methods.
This academic institute also hosts continuing education seminars for licensed therapists.
5. The Florida College of Natural Health
They are located in Miami, Florida, and boast more than 1,000 hours of training for students who wish to become certified massage therapists.
The college also offers continuing education courses for experienced therapists.
6. The New York College of Health Professional
They are based in New York City, and have been training massage therapists for more than 35 years.
7. The Institute of Somatic Therapy
They are based in San Francisco, California, and offer a wide range of massage courses and workshops to help students learn different massage modalities.
From Swedish massage to lymphatic drainage, the institute teaches various massage techniques, as well as provides courses in advanced bodywork therapies such as craniosacral therapy and trigger point therapy.
8. The Chicago School of Massage Therapy
They are based in Chicago, Illinois, and is one of the oldest and most respected massage schools in the United States.
The school offers an array of courses for beginners and advanced students alike.
Students can learn about various massage modalities such as deep tissue massage, hot stone therapy, and Shiatsu.
9. The Northwest Institute of Massage
They are located in Seattle, Washington, and offer both daytime and evening massage classes to accommodate busy schedules.
They offer hands-on clinical experience at their Seattle campus clinic as well as online learning options.
10. The Boulder College of Massage Therapy
They are located in Boulder, Colorado, and are a leader in massage therapy education. With its focus on integrative healing practices and somatics, this college allows students to develop a holistic approach to wellness through massage.
11. The Denver School of Massage Therapy
They are located in Denver, Colorado, and are recognized for their quality education and ethical business practices.
With its state-of-the-art facilities and diverse faculty, the Denver School of Massage Therapy gives its students hands-on experience with real patients and clients.
12. The Arizona School of Massage Therapy
They are located in Tempe, Arizona, and offer both diploma and certificate programs for aspiring massage professionals.
13. The Santa Barbara College of Oriental Medicine
They are located in Santa Barbara, California, and specialize in the study of Asian massage styles and other related disciplines.
14. The Hawaiian Islands School of Healing Arts
They are located in Honolulu, Hawaii, specializing in Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage, as well as offering courses on other forms of traditional Hawaiian massage.
15. The World Healing Arts Institute
They are located in Orlando, Florida, and focus on providing training to professional massage therapists.
Their comprehensive program includes modules on energy medicine, orthopedic massage, and medical acupuncture.
16. The Minnesota Institute of Massage Therapy
They are located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and provide educational courses in therapeutic touch and healing arts such as Reiki and Polarity.
17. The Heartwood Institute
They are located in Humboldt County, California, and specialize in herbalism and Native American healing arts.
18. The Healing Arts Center of Minnesota
They are located in St. Paul, Minnesota, and offer massage classes for beginning and advanced students alike.
19. The Kripalu School of Massage and Ayurveda
They are located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, providing an experiential approach to learning about Ayurvedic massage.
In addition to their regular coursework, Kripalu offers workshops and retreats throughout the year where students can gain hands-on knowledge from experts in the field.
20. The Downeast School of Massage
They are located in Machias, Maine, and offer basic instruction in Swedish massage as well as more advanced classes for practitioners looking to expand their knowledge base.
This school also encourages its students to become involved in the local community by participating in community events and volunteering opportunities.
21. National Holistic Institute
They are located throughout California, Nevada, and Georgia, and teach more than 20 modalities of massage therapy including Swedish massage, sports massage, reflexology, and shiatsu.
In addition to their classroom studies, NHI also offers a clinical practice that helps prepare students for working with clients after graduation.
The benefits of getting a massage from a professional
Massages from a professional can provide numerous benefits to those who receive them.
Regular massages have been known to reduce stress, increase relaxation, and improve circulation. Massage therapy is also beneficial for athletes and those with chronic pain.
Professional massage therapists are trained to understand the body and provide relief through the manipulation of muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
Massage therapy can improve the quality of life by reducing pain and discomfort due to injuries, tension, and stress. Additionally, massage therapy can help improve flexibility and range of motion in joints and muscles.
This can be particularly beneficial to those who suffer from chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia and arthritis.
Furthermore, massages from a professional can help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety and massage therapy is known to induce a sense of calm, peace, and serenity, which can be incredibly helpful for those struggling with mental health issues.
Studies have also shown that regular massages can reduce cortisol levels which is a hormone associated with stress in the body, helping to reduce overall levels of stress.
For those interested in learning how to give great massages, there are many massage schools available across the country that offer a range of courses and training.
The 21 schools listed above are some of the best in the business and provide students with the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals, so whether you’re looking for a career in massage therapy or just want to improve your skills, these massage schools will provide the necessary tools and education to help you become an expert masseuse.