Muhlenberg College has a slightly selective acceptance rate of 66%, making it the 22nd school in Pennsylvania with the lowest acceptance rate.
Muhlenberg College has an 8:1 student-to-teacher ratio. This means that students will be taught adequately and will have proper accessibility and guidance from their professors. The College ranks among the best colleges in the United States when compared to the national average of a 15:1 student-to-teacher ratio.
Since the acceptance rate of Muhlenberg College is higher than the national average of all colleges which is around 56.7%, to stand out, applicants need to have good academic results and extracurricular activities that portray their unique abilities.
Why Choose Muhlenberg College?
Muhlenberg is a liberal Arts College situated in Allentown, Pennsylvania, roughly 55 miles north of Philadelphia.
Muhlenberg College, which enrolls about 2,000 undergraduates, is committed to developing thoughtful, compassionate, and cooperative citizens through demanding academic programs in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and arts, as well as pre-professional programs like pre-health and pre-law.
In addition to the usual liberal arts majors, Muhlenberg is unique among private institutions in that it offers programs in professional fields like business, education, public health, media & communication, and neuroscience.
The Muhlenberg curriculum offers opportunities for students in all majors to engage in research, community service, internships, study abroad possibilities, and other activities that give them crucial experiences in the quickly changing world of today.
The college is committed to educating students for impactful outcomes. Through internship and job placement programs, the school’s Career Center and a network of parents and alumni assist students and graduates in gaining the most from their satisfying educational experiences.
Graduates from Muhlenberg are prepared for success while maintaining a commitment to serving others locally, nationally, and beyond.
Is Muhlenberg College hard to get into?
Muhlenberg College’s acceptance rate is 62%. Pennsylvania, it has the 22nd-lowest acceptance rate. If you meet the admissions prerequisites, you have a good chance of getting into Muhlenberg College, which has a moderately demanding admissions process. Out of 4,543 candidates, 2,825 were accepted the previous year.
Also, the institution has extremely strict SAT and ACT entrance standards, typically admitting students with scores in the top 24 percent (SAT 1170/1350, ACT 26/31).
With an average GPA of roughly 3.41 and a “B+” average in high school, Muhlenberg College regularly accepts and draws these students. The majority of first-year students graduate in the top 25% of their high school class. 18% of applicants who were given the option to enroll did so.
What is Muhlenberg College Acceptance Rate?
The Acceptance rate of an institution is one factor to consider when choosing any college or university. Each year, institutions release their acceptance rate which applicants can use as pointers to know the competitive nature of the admission process
Muhlenberg College has a slightly selective acceptance rate of 66%. This implies that for every 100 applicants, only 66 are chosen for admission.
To be eligible for admission to Muhlenberg University, applicants should ensure they visit the school’s website to get familiar with the admissions requirements.
What is Muhlenberg College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
If you are a student seeking to transfer to another college or university with a decent acceptance rate, then you may want to consider Muhlenberg College.
Muhlenberg College has a transfer student acceptance rate of 40.0% which indicates how very competitive it is to be admitted.
To have an opportunity of transferring into Muhlenberg College, Applicants should have a current GPA of at least 3.34. In addition, applicants will also need to submit standardized test scores, appropriate credits, and prerequisite courses with a minimum of grade B.
Muhlenberg College Acceptance Rate by Major
Applicants seeking admission into Muhlenberg College are certain to have a variety of courses to select from. The College offers undergraduate degrees in study areas related to Commerce, Health Sciences, Humanities, and Arts.
The most popular majors and their acceptance rates which freshmen and transfer students can choose from and also know the competitive nature of its faculties are as follows
- Biology/Biological Science – 4.6%
- Business Administration and Management – 12%
- Drama and Dramatics/Theater Production – 11%
- Finance – 9.3%
- Mass Communication Studies/Media Studies – 7.3%
- Psychology – 8.1%
What are the Admission Requirements for Muhlenberg College?
If you are considering applying to Muhlenberg College, applicants are expected to have the mandated academic requirement before they can be accepted for admissions.
The following are admission requirements for Muhlenberg College
- Completed Common Application form.
- Application fee of $50
- Official transcripts
- English language proficiency proofs for international applicants (IELTS & TOEFL accepted)
- One teacher evaluation letter.
- ACT/SAT scores. (If the students chose not to submit these scores, then they will have to submit a Test-Optional Form).
- Personal statement and letters of recommendation from at least two teachers.
- Video interview. (Optional but recommended)
- Application Portal: The students will have to apply using the Common Application Portal.
- Application Fee: $50 for Undergraduate admissions and $75 for graduate admissions.
The students can apply for a fee waiver in case they are not capable of paying the amount for which the students will have to contact the admission office.
- Official transcripts of High School and College.
- School report with counselor recommendation.
- Teacher evaluation for one core subject.
- Letter of recommendation from teachers.
- Copy of passport.
- Financial support form. (available on the website)
- Standardized Test Scores: TOEFL/ IELTS or Duolingo English test scores are accepted as English language proficiency proofs, and ACT/SAT scores are optional and can be submitted if GPA is less than 3.0.
English language proficiency proofs are Mandatory for students who are not U.S residents or belong to Non-English speaking countries.
- Letter of recommendation and personal statement.
- Resume/CV (required only for graduate admissions)
- The test scores and transcripts can be mailed to the institute at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Transfer Requirements for Muhlenberg College
As a transfer student, it is important to get familiar with the acceptance rate and admission requirements of your preferred institution.
Transfer students applying to Muhlenberg College should know that with its 40.0% transfer acceptance rate, consideration for admission is very competitive.
To apply as a transfer student to Muhlenberg College, applicants should have the following:
- Common Application: There is no application fee. If you applied previously to Muhlenberg and want to reopen your application, please email email@example.com.
- An official copy of your high school transcript (with graduation date)
- An official college transcript(s)
- Complete and submit Mid-Term Report from Common Application
- Complete and submit College Report from Common Application
- One letter of recommendation from a college professor
- Interview with a member of the Admissions team
- ACT or SAT scores: (optional) Our ACT school code is 3640, and note that we do require the writing portion. Our SAT school code is 2424, and we do not require the SAT-II.
- Copy of passport (International Applicants Only)
- Certificate of Finances Form (International Applicants Only)
- Interview: If you are reopening a previous application, you are still required to interview even if you have previously done so.
What GPA do I need to get into Muhlenberg College?
Every institution has its minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) which it expects all applicants to have to have a shot at being considered for admission.
Applicants require above-average high school grades to be accepted into Muhlenberg College.
The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at Muhlenberg College was 3.41 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily B+ students are accepted.
Applicants with lower GPAs should compensate for high SAT or ACT scores. This will show the admission readers that you are capable of handling difficult classes.
What are Muhlenberg College’s Deadlines?
Freshmen, transfer, and international students seeking admission to major in any program should always be familiar with the application deadline of their choice of institution.
The following are the application deadline for Muhlenberg College for domestic and international students.
- Fall Priority Deadline: April 19
- Fall Final Deadline: June 15
- Spring Priority Deadline: November 15
- Spring Final Deadline: December 10
However, it is recommended that International Applicants should apply by the following priority deadlines to allow them enough time for early visa processing:
- Fall transfer admission: May 15
- Spring transfer admission: November 15
What are Muhlenberg College’s Decision Dates?
Admissions decision dates are usually released after the college or university applied to has complied with its application.
For Muhlenberg, admissions decisions are released on a rolling basis after your application is complete. If you are applying for financial aid, applicants need to submit completed financial aid paperwork to finalize their admissions decision.
The admissions decision date for Muhlenberg College is between early March and June 15 for fall admission and between December 1 and January 10 for spring admission.
How to Apply to Muhlenberg College
To be considered for admission into Muhlenberg, applicants are expected to have the admission requirements either as a freshman, transfer, or international student.
After acquiring the admission prerequisite, applicants should proceed to fill out the application forms.
To apply for the undergraduate program, the following steps must be carried out
- Candidates for Regular Decision should complete the Common Application and indicate in the Muhlenberg questions that Regular Decisions (RD) is their desired admission strategy.
The deadline for Regular Decision is February 1. Regular Decisions applicants will receive their admissions decisions online by the middle of March.
To be considered for one of our academic partnership programs, students must submit additional paperwork.
- The Early Decision Agreement Form must be submitted by February 15 for Regular Decision applicants to switch their applications to EDII.
Students who choose Muhlenberg as their top choice after February 1 can use this option to express their sincere interest in enrolling.
- Apply online: A $50 application fee is required unless this would present a significant financial hardship or you qualify for an institutional fee waiver.
- Have your counselor and one teacher provide recommendations.
- Your recommenders can either send their recommendations through the Common Application online or by downloading the forms on the Common Application website and sending them directly to the Office of Admissions
- Ask your high school counselor to send an official transcript and keep us updated on your academic performance.
- Your transcript will complete your application, but please be sure that grade reports for each quarter or marking period are sent to Admissions as they become available throughout your senior year.
For the Mid Year Report, your counselor can send it either through the Common Application online or by downloading the form on the Common Application website and sending it directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit ACT or SAT scores
- If you’re choosing not to submit your ACT or SAT scores.
Respond accordingly to the preferred testing plan question on the Common Application. You may also indicate this by completing the Test-Optional Form.
While test scores are optional for admissions, students must submit test scores to be considered for Academic Partnerships.
- Check for missing application materials and your admissions decision in your application status portal.
Once your application has been submitted and received, you will receive an email with directions on how to access this page. Applicants may access your application status portal here.
- Financial Aid
Applicants who wish to be considered for need-based financial aid should please file a FAFSA and Muhlenberg College Scholarship and Aid Application by February 1.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to go to Muhlenberg?
The annual list price to attend Muhlenberg College on a full-time basis for 2020/2021 is $68,311 for all students, regardless of their residency. This fee is $53,865 for tuition. $10,530 for room and board, $1,400 for books and supplies, and $735, for other fees.
Is Muhlenberg a test-optional school?
Yes, it is. While test scores are optional for admissions, students must submit test scores to be considered for Academic Partnerships.
What is the average SAT and ACT Scores in Muhlenberg?
The Average SAT score – Reading: 600 to 680, Math: 570 to 670, and the Average ACT score – is 26-31.
What is Muhlenberg College’s transfer acceptance rate?
Muhlenberg College’s transfer student acceptance rate is 40.0%.
Since its founding in 1848, Muhlenberg College has facilitated students’ future aspirations and been dedicated to their intellectual and personal development.
Muhlenberg, a classic liberal arts college, encourages students to thoroughly and broadly pursue the academic program.
More than 30% of students double major and the majority of students use extracurricular activities including job shadowing, research, study abroad, and civic participation to improve their educational opportunities.
- muhlenberg.edu – Majors, Minors & Certifications
- collegedunia.com – Muhlenberg College 2021-2022 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
- next-genius.com – Muhlenberg College
- muhlenberg.edu – Transfer Checklist Muhlenberg College
- campusreel.org – Muhlenberg College Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- princetonreview.com – Muhlenberg College
- collegesimply.com – Muhlenberg College Admission Requirements
- SUNY Cortland Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Durham University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Bard College Acceptance Rate 2023, Admission Requirements, & How to Apply
AMDA acceptance rate is relatively low. Acceptance rate alone does not indicate your likelihood of getting into the…
If your high school senior is interested in potentially enrolling at Amherst, you’ll definitely want to know about…
A lot must be considered before you apply to Bard College as its acceptance rate falls below 70%…
Barnard College acceptance rate is 13.9%. For every 100 applicants, only 14 are accepted. This means that the…
If you want to get into Barry University, the first thing to look at is the acceptance rate.…
If you apply to Bentley University, you will face stiff competition as the school’s acceptance rate is only…