If you want to get into Sophie Davis, the first thing to look at is the acceptance rate. This indicates how competitive the school is and how serious its requirements are.
Sophie Davis acceptance rate is 7%. For every 100 applicants, 7 persons are accepted. This means that the school is moderately selective. The school expects you to meet its GPA and SAT/ACT requirements, but they are more flexible than other schools.
If you exceed their requirements, you have an excellent chance of getting in. But if you don’t, you could be one of the unlucky few to receive a rejection letter.
Why Choose Sophie Davis?
Since its inception in 1973, the Sophie Davis Program has enrolled and trained URiM medical school graduates at rates three times that of other US medical schools.
The school’s mission is also to produce well-educated, highly qualified physicians who can provide quality health care to communities historically underserved by primary care physicians.
CSOM’s BS/MD program is designed as an integrated medical research curriculum that includes MD courses over a 7-year trajectory. During the first three years of the program, students complete all requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree.
Upon successful completion of the three-year sequence and meeting all MD program requirements, students advance to the four-year segment of the MD program. No additional application or MCAT exams are required.
Is It Hard To Get Into Sophie Davis?
Since this school is very difficult to get into, high academic performance is a prerequisite for admission. If you submit a strong application that ranks you above average, you will almost certainly receive an offer of admission.
We do not have information about SAT or ACT score requirements, so we strongly encourage you to contact that institution to learn more about what they are looking for in an applicant.
Each school requires an application with the bare essentials – a high school transcript and GPA, an application form, and other basic information. Many schools, as explained above, also require SAT and ACT scores, as well as letters of recommendation, application essays, and interviews.
What Is Sophie Davis Acceptance Rate 2023?
Admission to the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate of around 7%, rivaling the Ivy League. In 2016, Sophie Davis became part of the new CUNY School of Medicine.
The CUNY School of Medicine/Sophie Davis Biomedical Education Program is one of the most unique medical education programs
Sophie Davis Admission Requirements
To be accepted to the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education in September, an applicant must:
- be a resident of the State of New York and a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- be a high school graduate as of September 1 of the year of the certificate;
- have a cumulative minimum grade point average of 85 percent for all years of high school;
- submit ACT and SAT scores; and
- have completed no more than one semester of college-level credits as of the end of the fall semester. (NOTE: College credits earned before high school graduation do not count for this purpose.)
Students who have previously taken college courses for which they wish to be considered for credit must submit a copy of the official college transcript with the application.
Sophie Davis Transfer Requirements
- Minimum average score: Minimum GPA requirements vary by school. Consult the student handbook or call the admissions office for details.
- Official transcripts: Transfer applicants must submit official transcripts from each college attended (as well as their high schools).
- SAT Scores: If you have taken the SAT or ACT, you are strongly encouraged to submit your scores to demonstrate college-level readiness in reading, writing, and math. SAT/ACT scores are required if you have earned less than 30 college credits.
- Letters of recommendation: An F-1 form must be submitted for a transfer student.
- Essay: The City College of New York does not publish essay or personal statement requirements.
- Application fee: All applicants who are not currently enrolled in a CUNY college must pay a non-refundable application processing fee of $70.00.
Transfer programs, such as the PA program at the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education and the CUNY BA/BS for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies, require an additional paper application.
What GPA Do I Need To Get Into Sophie Davis?
The average GPA at Davis College is 3.18. With a GPA of 3.18, Davis College accepts below-average students. It’s okay to be a B average student with some A’s. It’s best to avoid C’s and D’s as application readers may question whether you can handle the stress of college professors.
If you’re a current junior or senior, it’s difficult to change your GPA in time for college. If your GPA is at or below the high school GPA of 3.18, you will need a higher SAT or ACT score to make up for it. This will help you compete effectively with other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
What Are Decision Dates?
The Sophie Davis Biomedical Education Program at CUNY School of Medicine does not involve early decision-making or early action. The application deadline for all applicants is December 30.
To be considered for admission, students must graduate from high school as of June 30, have a minimum GPA of 85 during their first three years of high school, provide official SAT or ACT scores, provide five letters of recommendation and submit three essays.
In addition, all applicants must submit an online application to the Sophie Davis Program in Biomedical Education at the CUNY School of Medicine, as well as the CUNY Common Online Application or the CUNY Macaulay Honors College Application. There is also a $65 fee.
Some applicants may be invited for an interview. Interviews begin at the end of January and usually end in the third week of March. Interviewees will be contacted approximately one to two weeks prior to the interview.
How To Apply To Sophie Davis
Each applicant must submit two separate applications:
1. Online application for admission to the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education; and
2. Online application for admission to the City University of New York (CUNY). On the CUNY application, students must list the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education (code number 0179) as one of their choices. Students applying to the Macaulay Honors College should apply for Sophie Davis and Macaulay Honors at City College as an option.
Applications to Sophie Davis School must be mailed in by January 8th.
If you have not received a review book, please contact Admissions at 212-650-7718 or 7712. The application can be downloaded at http://med.cuny.edu. The student must complete the application online and review it with their high school guidance counselor before submitting it electronically.
The counselor must electronically attach an official copy of the student’s transcript and send it with the application to Sophie Davis Admissions Office. Transcripts not provided by a high school counselor are not valid.
Applicants who have already graduated from high school can apply online directly at the Sophie Davis Office of Admissions website. However, their high school certificates must also be submitted directly by the high school they graduated from.
In addition, all applicants should request four letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with their qualifications and character, such as teachers, employers, or community leaders. Recommendations from family members are not acceptable.
Letters of recommendation from individuals associated with the high school must be submitted with the application; those outside of high school should send letters directly to the admissions office. One letter of recommendation must be from a science teacher.
The completed application and all supporting materials must be postmarked by January 8. Any application or supporting materials submitted after this date will not be considered.
The Sophie Davis acceptance rate into Biomedical Education Program is fiercely contested as the program is designed to attract students who have outstanding high school performance with high scores in science, mathematics, written and oral communication skills, and community service.
Academically qualified students who demonstrate the maturity, integrity, compassion, and motivation necessary to become dedicated and highly skilled professionals are most likely to succeed in the program.
The School’s Comprehensive Admissions Screening is based on the Association of American Medical Colleges’ (AAMC) standard for evaluating students based on experience, qualities, and individual performance in order to enroll a diverse student body. A key factor considered in the admissions process is the applicant’s potential and interest in pursuing a career as a primary care physician in a physician shortage region.
Sophie Davis Acceptance Rate FAQs
What Is Sophie Davis SAT Score Requirement?
Sophie Davis has an SAT requirement of 1400. The previous score was 1360, an increase of 40. This requirement applies to 6-year college programs. Seven-year programs require a score of 1350. The previous requirement was 1290. For both course lengths, the college requires a 3.75 GPA along with an SAT score.
Is Sophie Davis A Prestigious School?
For 40 years, the Sophie Davies School has been running a successful and prestigious biomedical curriculum. Students who complete the 5-year program typically continue their studies at a partner medical school to complete their education.
What Is Sophie Davis GPA Requirement?
Generally, BS/MD programs require you to maintain a 3.5 GPA throughout college, and many programs still require you to take the MCAT, the medical school entrance exam. However, if you meet the minimum requirements, you will be guaranteed admission to the medical school associated with your BS/MD program.
- ccny.smartcatalogiq.com – Admissions Policies, Requirements, and Application Procedures
- collegetransfer.net – CUNY City College
- Bard College Acceptance Rate 2023, Admission Requirements, & How to Apply
- Kenyon College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Durham University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Mississippi State Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- MassArt Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Boston Conservatory Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Mount Holyoke Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply