If you want to get into UMass Lowell, the first thing to look at is the acceptance rate. This indicates how competitive the school is and how serious its requirements are.
The acceptance rate at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is 71.7%. For every 100 applicants, 72 are accepted.
This means that the school is slightly selective. The school will have expected GPA and SAT/ACT score requirements. If you meet their requirements, you will almost certainly receive an offer of admission.
But if you don’t qualify for University of Massachusetts Lowell, you’ll be one of the unlucky few to be turned down.
Why Choose UMass Lowell?
The University of Massachusetts, commonly known as UMass Lowell, is a public research university in Lowell, Massachusetts, founded in 1894 and part of the University of Massachusetts system.
UMass Lowell is the second largest public university in the state and is the largest university in the Merrimack Valley, given that it offers 121 bachelor’s degrees, 41 master’s degrees, and 34 doctoral degrees, all programs accredited at the highest level in the semester academic calendar.
The most popular nationally recognized programs are engineering, criminal justice, education, music, science and technology.
Additionally, students can choose to participate in co-op programs where students get two real-world jobs and improve their skills and gain experience in their field.
ALSO CHEK: Salve Regina Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
Is It Hard To Get Into UMass Lowell?
Since this school is mildly selective, you have an excellent chance of getting in as long as you don’t fall far below average. Aim for an 1150 SAT or 24 ACT or higher and you will almost certainly receive an offer of admission.
If you meet the rest of the application requirements below, you will be accepted. But if your score is below the recommended target score, you may be one of the unlucky few to be rejected.
Admissions data indicates that the University of Massachusetts-Lovell regularly admits students with an ACT of 23 or higher. Successful applicants typically submit ACT scores in the top 32 percent nationally.
In some cases, we estimate that a school will accept a minimum ACT composite score of around 20. Prospective students who submit an ACT composite score of 26 or higher should be in the top half of applicants, and students with a 29 or higher have a very competitive chance.
ALSO CHEK: Johnson & Wales Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
What Is UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate 2023?
The acceptance rate at UMass Lowell is 75%. It has the 38th lowest acceptance rate in Massachusetts.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is a no-nonsense institution with a very good chance of being accepted if you meet the admissions requirements. Last year, 9,753 out of 12,970 applicants were accepted.
The school has strict admissions requirements for SAT and ACT scores, usually accepting students in the top 33 percent (SAT 1140/1320 ACT 23/29).
The University of Massachusetts Lowell typically accepts and recruits B+ high school students with an average GPA of around 3.66. Most freshmen graduate in the top quarter of their class. 21% of those admitted chose to enter the school.
ALSO CHEK: BYU Hawaii Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What Is UMass Lowell Transfer Acceptance Rate?
The University of Massachusetts Lowell has an acceptance rate of 91.42 percent. This shows how easy it is to get into the University of Massachusetts-Lovell.
Students transferring from four-year institutions must complete at least 30 semester credits at MU Lowell to earn a Lowell bachelor’s degree. The University will not reduce the minimum residency requirement of 60 semester credits for students taking 60 or more semester credits at a two-year college.
Enrollments of applicants who 1) have completed associate degree programs, who have completed military courses or training, or who have matriculated at other accredited institutions of higher education and 2) who are eligible to return to such institutions for the semester in which they seek admission to the university are routinely processed Office of admission of students for regular transfer.
ALSO CHEK: UCSB Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate by Major
UMass Lowell has an acceptance rate of 75% and an early acceptance rate of 90.7%. Half of the applicants admitted to UMass Lowell have an SAT score between 1150 and 1320 or an ACT score between 23 and 29.
- Registered nursing/registered nurse14.8%
- Criminal justice/law enforcement administration11.5%
- Business administration and management7%
- Marketing/marketing management6.4%
- Biology/biological sciences6.2%
- Elementary education and teaching5.9%
- Communication and media studies4.5%
- Special education and teaching4.3%
Below is a summary of the entry requirements for teacher education programs at the baccalaureate and postbaccalaureate levels.
- Essay or personal statement
- Minimum average score
- Minimum grade point average for coursework in the content area
- The minimum average score in course professional education
- Minimum number of courses/credits/semester hours completed
Devry University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Minimum average score: The minimum GPA for transfer applicants is 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Official transcripts: Official college transcripts from all colleges attended are required. If you have not completed 24 credits of college coursework, you must submit an official high school transcript.
- SAT Scores: Students who will earn fewer than 24 college-level credits by the time they enroll at UMass Lowell must submit ACT/SAT scores.
- Letters of recommendation: One letter of recommendation from someone familiar with your abilities and experience (teacher, counselor, coach, employer, etc.) is required.
- Essay: A personal essay is required.
- Application fee: The application fee is $60 for all applicants.
- Interview: Some may require a personal interview.
- Other requirements: A list of all courses that do not appear on transcripts must be provided.
ALSO CHEK: Notre Dame Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What Are The Decision Dates?
- November 5*: Early Action I
- January 5*: Early Action II
- February 5: Regular Decision
- June 1: Rolling Deadline (We are welcoming applications for select majors, where space is available, on a case-by-case basis)
*All applicants to the nursing program must apply Early Action I or II.
International First-Year Applicants:
- July 25: Rolling Deadline
Domestic Transfer Applicants:
- January 7: Spring Semester Deadline
- August 15: Fall Semester Deadline
International Transfer Applicants
- December 12: Spring Semester Deadline
- August 2: Fall Semester Deadline
- March 1: FAFSA Financial Aid Deadline
ALSO CHEK: University of Tokyo Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
How to apply to University of Massachusetts Lowell
The University of Massachusetts Lowell, which admits less than three-quarters of its applicants, has a moderately selective admissions pool.
Students whose SAT/ACT scores and GPA meet the institution’s requirements have a good chance of being accepted. Applicants must complete an online application and submit SAT or ACT test scores and high school transcripts.
Students with unique talents and accomplishments can still receive serious consideration even if their GPA falls outside the admissions committee’s average range. After applying, students will be notified by an admissions counselor about the next steps in the application process.
ALSO CHEK: Catholic University Of America Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How To Apply
UMass Lowell is one of the most competitive public colleges or universities in the US with an acceptance rate of 60.60%, an average SAT score of 1165, an average ACT score of 27, and an estimated weighted average GPA of 3.7 (unofficial).
In order to feel safe applying to this school, it is incredibly helpful to score 75% or higher on the US test score, which is higher than 1165 on the SAT or 27 on the ACT.
While of course all institutions strive to look at a holistic view of each student, a high standardized test score can give you a competitive advantage over other qualified applicants, ensuring that the most interesting aspects of your application can be focused on during admissions.
UMass Lowell Acceptance Rate 2023 FAQs
What SAT score do I need to get into UMass Lowell?
The average SAT score at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is 1238 on the SAT scale of 1600. This score makes the University of Massachusetts Lowell competitive for SAT scores. The 25th percentile of the New SAT is 1150, and the 75th percentile of the New SAT is 1320. In other words, a 1150 New SAT means you are below average, while a 1320 puts you above average.
What ACT score do I need to get into UMass Lowell?
The average ACT score at the University of Massachusetts Lowell is 27. This score makes the University of Massachusetts Lowell moderately competitive on the ACT score. The 25th percentile for the ACT is 24, and the 75th percentile for the ACT is 29. Even though UM Lowell probably says they don’t have a minimum ACT requirement, if you’re applying with a 24 or below, you’ll have a harder time get in if there’s nothing else impressive about your application.
How many percent of UMass Lowell Students graduate each year?
When it comes to graduating on time, those seeking a bachelor’s degree at UMass Lowell have a four-year graduation rate of 38%. This compares with the national average of 33.3%
Does University of Massachusetts Lowell Give Financial Aid To Students?
Cost is another important factor when choosing a college. Some colleges may have high tuition fees, but they better meet the financial needs of students. University of Massachusetts Lowell meets 87% of demonstrated financial need for students. The average financial aid package for a first-year full-time student is approximately $18,968 per year.
- prepscholar.com – University of Massachusetts Lowell Requirements for Admission
- Salve Regina Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Johnson & Wales Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
- BYU Hawaii Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- UCSB Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admission, Requirements And How To Apply
- Devry University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Notre Dame Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- University of Tokyo Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply