With an acceptance rate of 25%, Vassar is one of the most selective schools in the country. Good grades and high exam results alone may not be enough to get you into the school, so do your best to submit a great application.
Vassar has a remarkable student-faculty ratio of 8 to 1. This is much better than the national average of 15 to 1. This means that many classes are likely to be small and students will have ample opportunity to work closely with their professors and classmates.
Why Choose Vassar College?
Vassar is now a co-educational higher education institution. For its strengths in liberal arts and humanities, Vassar has earned membership in the prestigious Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. The college has an impressive 8 to 1 student/faculty ratio and an average class size of 17.
Today, almost 2,500 students attend this well-known liberal arts college, which offers degrees in more than 50 majors. Several of its academic programs have earned high national rankings in Niche, including Anthropology and Sociology (27th out of 758), Public Policy (28th out of 623), and Performing Arts (35th out of 555). Art, global studies, history and international relations also earned high places.
But academics aren’t all Vassar has to offer. Students can supplement their studies by helping others through community-based learning (a type of experiential learning), participating in athletics (including 27 varsity teams and intramurals), and joining a large network of alumni ready to help them launch their careers when the time will come.
ALSO CHECK: Middlebury College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
Is It Hard To Get Into Vassar College?
It’s no secret that Vassar College is a highly selective school, which means that a high GPA can increase your chances of getting an acceptance letter rather than a rejection letter.
With a GPA requirement of at least 4.0, the school seeks applicants with near straight A’s in all high school classes. Vassar has a holistic admissions process. This means that it considers other things than just the applicant’s GPA.
For example, it will help you get the thumbs up from admissions officers if you have meaningful extracurricular activities and impressive letters of recommendation and admissions essays.
Taking AP or IB courses, especially challenging ones, is a good idea to demonstrate college readiness. But if your high school doesn’t offer anything, Vassar College won’t blame you.
ALSO CHECK: Bowdoin College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What Is Vassar College Acceptance Rate 2023?
Vassar acceptance rate 2023 is 24.6%. For every 100 applicants, 25 are accepted. This means that the school is very selective.
If you meet Vassar’s GPA, SAT/ACT, and other application components, you have an excellent chance of getting in. But if you don’t meet your GPA or SAT/ACT score, you’ll have a very low chance of being accepted, even if you meet the other admissions requirements.
The school has exceptionally high admission requirements for SAT and ACT scores, usually accepting students in the top 5% (SAT 1360/1520 ACT 32/34).
Vassar College typically accepts and recruits high school seniors with an average GPA of around 3.86. Most incoming freshmen graduate in the top ten percent of their average class. 28% of those admitted decided to enter the school.
ALSO CHECK: Lehigh University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What Is Vassar Transfer Acceptance Rate?
In 2019, Vassar College accepted 257 transfer applicants. The school accepted 33 students. Thus, the translation acceptance rate for Vassar College is 12.84%.
If you have already earned a high school diploma or GED and enrolled in a college or university, you are considered a transfer applicant. For transfer students, the number of places is limited, and admission is competitive.
Credit transfer decisions are made by the Office of the Dean of Studies after the student is offered admission. Vassar offers transfer credit for courses in the liberal arts and sciences that are roughly equivalent in content, methodology, and rigor to courses listed in the Vassar catalog.
Acceptance Rate by Major
Vassar College offers many courses. Admission to undergraduate courses at Vassar College is very competitive, with an acceptance rate of 25%, which represents only a quarter of the total number of applicants.
- Biology/biological sciences6.8%
- Research and experimental psychology5.8%
- Political science and government5.8%
- Computer and information sciences5%
- English language and literature4.9%
- Drama and drama/theatre arts4.2%
ALSO CHECK: Barnard College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
Vassar College Admission Requirements
English proficiency test scores are required if a student wishes to enroll at Vassar College. Test scores from a testing agency are preferred, but TOEFL score report PDFs are also accepted from a school counselor if the student cannot afford to submit the scores financially.
- Online application on any of the three portals fully filled with all details along with application fee.
- Academic certificates, official documents must be sent by the consultant with their appropriate English translations.
- Early Decision applicants should also submit their first semester grades as soon as possible.
- The institute accepts TOEFL iBT, TOEFL PBT, IELTS, Duolingo, etc.
- Standardized test scores for US study, such as the SAT/ACT, can be submitted to improve your chances of admission.
- Additional interviews can be submitted as additional materials.
- Financial documents must be provided in a mandatory manner.
- Scholarship or sponsorship letters, if applicable. They are usually available when a student is eligible for college financial aid.
- Medical records and immunization form detailing the student’s physical condition, noting any medical conditions, if applicable.
- Health insurance is mandatory for international students.
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Submitting a CV/résumé is optional.
ALSO CHECK: West Point Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How To Apply
Vassar College Transfer Requirements
Regular application and $65 fee or fee waiver request
- High School transcript
- College transcript
- College Transfer Report Completed by someone at your current institution who has access to your academic and disciplinary history
- Transfer academic evaluation with a letter of recommendation from a college instructor. You can submit an additional recommendation from a second college professor, guidance counselor or high school teacher, or employer.
- Transfer your midterm report if you are currently enrolled in college.
- Standardized Testing: We accept the ACT, SAT through March 2016, or the revised SAT.
- TOEFL/IELTS: If English is neither your mother tongue nor the main language of instruction in the secondary schools you have attended in the last three years.
What GPA do I need to get into Vassar College?
The average GPA at Vassar is 4.0. Most schools use a weighted GPA of 4.0, although some report an unweighted GPA. This school hasn’t officially reported its GPA, but we’ve estimated it here using data from over 1,000 schools.)
With a 4.0 GPA, Vassar requires you to be at the top of your class. You’ll need near A’s in all your classes to compete with other applicants. Plus, you have to take tough classes — AP or IB courses — to show that college-level academics are a breeze.
If you’re a current junior or senior, it’s difficult to change your GPA in time for college. If your GPA is at or below your high school GPA (4.0), you will need a higher SAT or ACT score to make up for it. This will help you compete effectively with other applicants who have higher GPAs than you.
ALSO CHECK: TCU Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
What is Vassar College ACT score requirement?
The average ACT score at Vassar is 32. This score makes Vassar very competitive for ACT scores. The ACT 25th percentile is 31 and the 75th percentile is 33.
Even though Vassar probably says they don’t have a minimum ACT requirement, if you apply with a 31 or below, you’re going to have a very hard time getting in unless you have something else very impressive on your application.
There are so many applicants who scored 32 and above that 31 will look academically weak.
What is Vassar College SAT score requirement?
The average SAT score at Vassar is 1440 on an SAT scale of 1600. This score makes Vassar highly competitive for SAT scores. The 25th percentile of the New SAT is 1370, and the 75th percentile of the New SAT is 1510. In other words, a 1370 New SAT means you are below average, while a 1510 puts you above average.
What are The Vassar College Decision Dates?
|Early decision I||November 15|
|Early decision II||January 4|
|Regular decision||January 4|
|Spring transfer||November 1|
|Fall transfer||March 15|
How To Apply To Vassar College
The institution follows a simple application process which involves a total of 4 steps which are as follows:
First, a candidate must apply to the college as part of the Vassar College admissions process. The second process is the process where the VC accepts applications.
Applicants must submit their application form and pay the enrollment fee, and they will need to submit certain documents in order to receive an admission decision. At this stage, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Essay Writing – Personal Statement The essay submitted by the applicant offers him a unique way to showcase his achievements and personality. It should also include personal experiences as well as anecdotes.
- Transcripts – Submitting required high school and college transcripts is an important part of the evaluation process. Applicant can use Parchment (or similar platforms) to submit the same.
- Official Test Scores – By submitting SAT or ACT scores, an applicant may qualify for a place at Vassar College. This is not a mandatory requirement, but additional documents or information may be requested when the college closes applications.
The third step is the financial verification of housing. This involves reviewing and verifying your bill and financial aid summary, choosing your accommodation option, choosing your payment plan and making your first payment.
Applicants must also pass math and English language assessments before proceeding with class registration.
The last step involves registration for classes where candidates have to register for the courses after completing all the processes mentioned above.
With an acceptance rate of 25%, Vassar is a competitive college. During the last admissions cycle, only 2,000 students were accepted from a cohort of approximately 8,300 applicants. The application fee is $65.
Other requirements include a high school transcript, an essay, and two letters of recommendation. The average SAT Critical Reading score of admitted applicants is 710 and the average SAT Math score is 730. On the other hand, the average ACT score is 32.
Vassar College Acceptance Rate 2023 FAQs
What Is Vassar College Known For?
Vassar College is known as one of the Seven Sisters Schools. However, in 1969 he became a co-author. Today, it is known for being a highly selective and highly ranked liberal arts college. Some of its most popular majors include social sciences, biomedical sciences, and visual and performing arts.
Among the various schools that make up the Seven Sisters, Vassar is the only one that admits not only women but also men, although the majority of its students are still women.
How Much Is Tuition At Vassar College For One Year?
Tuition at Vassar College for one year, based on the 2021-2022 academic year, is $78,580. School tuition alone is $61,940. This is 165% higher than the average tuition at most four-year schools in New York ($23,406), making Vassar College expensive.
What Is Vassar College Freshmen Retention Rate?
A freshman retention rate of 93% indicates that most first-year full-time students like Vassar College enough to return for another year. This is slightly higher than the national average (68%). This, of course, is something worth noting in a good column about the school.
What Is Vassar College Graduation Rate?
Students who completed their studies within four years are considered to have graduated on time. Vassar has an 87% on-time graduation rate for first-time full-time students. That’s great compared to the national average of 33.3%
- studentmajor.com – Vassar College Acceptance Rate, Admissions Requirements and Academic Life
- Middlebury College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Bowdoin College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Lehigh University Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- Barnard College Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply
- West Point Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How To Apply
- TCU Acceptance Rate 2023 | Admissions, Requirements, & How to Apply